Thursday, July 4, 2013

Introduction

Hello out there in blog world!

This is my very first blog. I've decided to write it for a few reasons. Firstly, I'm a working mother who is passionate about a woman's right to choose motherhood AND a career, and want to tell my story.

Secondly, I've been having a rough trot emotionally and thought perhaps writing a few things down might help.

And lastly, I've always felt I had a novel in me, but a blog just might be the working mother's solution to writing! Small doses, can be done while children sleep (ahem, IF they sleep).

So here goes!

To introduce myself properly, I am a 29yo mother of 2 gorgeous children. My son, Harry, is almost 3, and my daughter, Gabrielle, is almost 1. You'll hear plenty more about them, but in summary they are my world.

I am also a career woman in the business and finance world. For as long as I can remember I've wanted 2 things - to be successful, and to be a mother. I knew if I worked hard enough I could have both. What I wasn't prepared for was the juggling act that is being a working mother.

Motherhood is joy. Completeness. Belonging. Pride. Absolute, unconditional love.

It can also be guilt. Struggle. Exhaustion. Tears.

Combine that emotional roller coaster with career goals - and plenty more drama there, let me warn you - and you've got a blog topic.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment